Those are indeed ad hoc hp machines and a number of people don't even know they are even broadcasting. I have noticed it most with hp. And it can be suprusing how far they will reach...

On Jun 12, 2012 8:58 PM, "Matt Graham" <danceswithcrows@usa.net> wrote:
From: Jim March <1.jim.march@gmail.com>
> IF those [active wireless cards] are in fact ad-hoc, that's potentially
> bad.
>    Cell 02 - Address: 6E:4B:8D:A4:25:B0
>              Encryption key:off
>              ESSID:"HPC4380E"
>              Mode:Ad-Hoc

Based on what you posted, I'd be inclined to think that some people near the
voting machines had their laptops on and had forgotten to turn their wireless
cards off, or were too dumb to turn their wireless off, or didn't know they
were supposed to turn their wireless off.  Remember that people being dumb is
far more common than people being malicious.  If they were actually doing
something they weren't supposed to be doing, they probably would've turned
some sort of encryption on, after all....

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
The Crow202 Blog:  http://crow202.org/wordpress/