I recently took over control of the server but did find there were some custom logrotate configs that did not have apache doing a graceful restart. I'll set it and see how it goes over the next few days. Thanks for the help.

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Andrew Harris <tuna@supertunaman.com> wrote:
> We have contacted the hosting provider about this and are told it appears to
> be an issue with the disk quota and that a reboot will fix it. A reboot does
> seem to fix the issue for a short time but does not seem to be the root
> cause. Each contact with the hosting provider returns the same results.

Wow, what hosting company is this? Is it run by the guys from the IT
Crowd ("have you tried turning it off and on again?")?

+1 to Matt Graham's reply. I've noticed this quite often at work. If
you don't do a graceful restart so it closes the files after you
unlink them, the OS will still show the disk space as used.

Brandon Haymore