Hi Sam,

We miss you.

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 8:08 PM, Sam Kreimeyer <skreimey@gmail.com> wrote:
It's good to see an argument against these laws from a purely
technical perspective beyond reemphasizing how easy these protections
are to circumvent. The implementation of these blacklists could
inadvertently provide a vector to alter DNS behavior, especially if
they are required to obtain and update these blacklists from a trusted
source automatically. Considering the recent embarrassment surrounding
DigiNotar, implicit trust does have disadvantages.

Yes, trust is a serious issue.

While the technical implications are huge, the impact to our constitutional rights is even greater, and it's strange this is not being more broadly contented.
Never in the history of the United States has legislation that potentially removes the individual from information, reduces our constitutional rights, and remove the legal (liability) process in favor of a police state been set forth.

The  Protect IP Act and Stop Online Piracy Act are opposed by EFF, OpenDNS, ISP's, American Civil Liberties Union, BiPartison Congressmen (Ron Paul), Intellectual Property Attorneys, International Human Rights Community, Global Network Initiative, Consumer Electronics Group, Public Interest Groups and nearly everyone else who cares about the current nature of information have drafted letters to oppose these acts.

We each can also oppose these Acts, since, even with the opposition, it's not clear that they will not be adopted in a watered down fashion.

On 11/15/11, Lisa Kachold <lisakachold@obnosis.com> wrote:
> http://www.brookings.edu/papers/2011/1115_cybersecurity_friedman.aspx
>
> --
> (602) 791-8002  Android