Even I'd Ubuntu fails it has made some neat inroads that debian can pick up and the several forks can pick up as well.

I had liked gnome for years Andaman somewhat fond of xfce as a result. But Kadee is appealing to me more lately.

I think my first exposure to *nix at all was in school on Solaris 5 system which prompted me to take a Unix multiuser class at mccauley to gain a real shell acct. About 2 weeks later I had grabbed red hat 6 and installed it to a spare drive.

I loved it but still have this small stack of software that doesn't quite work right in a vm.

So a little over 1/3rd of my life has been technical and I have used and abused computers since before I was about 5.

Right now the virtual display and virtual cry stuff is getting closer to my dream system and I can finally make my full transition.

Now that I have geek babbled to the list o have been here for maybe 5-6 years about the same amount of time I have been married.

On Nov 14, 2011 7:45 PM, "Thomas Gail Haws" <tom.haws@gmail.com> wrote:
Well, Unity really isn't a browser.  It's the desktop, which essentially for a "disinterested" user like me, means it IS the OS experience.  Yes, I think you can switch to a different desktop than the default.  But the average user isn't likely to do that.  I'm not.

Tom
--
"To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness." - Dr. Robert Muller

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 7:36 PM, Michael Havens <bmike1@gmail.com> wrote:
Can't you just install another browser?

--