Of course linux apps that is...

Lynn

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 3:20 PM, unixprgrmr01@gmail.com <unixprgrmr01@gmail.com> wrote:
The question we need to ask ourselves is what apps are out there that would do the same jobs better, cheaper, and above all more securely?  Is there an entrepreneurial opportunity here?

Lynn

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Michael Butash <michael@butash.net> wrote:
Here's one better:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/10/18/son_of_stuxnet_disclovered/

The stuxnet equivalent running amok in _our_ scada systems.

Scada systems (municipal water and sewage systems) of various municipalities can be a bit scary, usually just a bunch of old win2k boxes with serial gadgetry applied to talk to plc's and serial devices off in a corner somewhere on a schedule and feed data back.  Sometimes firewalls actually get involved, but otherwise a veritable breeding ground for these kinds of viruses.  I suppose turnabout is fair play for us, but thank you windows for letting them.

Question is, do any of these vendors even consider linux or are entirely locked into ms?  I bet Iran doesn't any more.

-mb

On 10/19/2011 09:16 AM, Tom Ostlund wrote:
consider all the checkouts at the grocery stores are running windows
underneath the hood and you might switch back to cash for everything
again.......

They probably all have IE6 on them as well considering why would they
update?

On 10/19/2011 09:11 AM, keith smith wrote:

Very Scary!

Keith Smith