Installing Flash on a linux version of Chrome takes a bit of trickery. What I wound up doing was making a soft link from the flash library to /opt/chrome/plugins. That did the trick.

Chrome allegedly comes with Flash installed, but most distro's rip it out (Fedora does, at least) for some mysterious reason. Not pure of GNU enough.

Takes a bit of turning yourself about, but it can be done. And like others have said, Chrome has more or less become my default browser -- and I had my firefox install tricked out to the *nines.*

Adam

On 4 October 2011 17:23, betty <nicepenguin@webcanine.com> wrote:
ok, well i tried to use chrome, like the layout etc. BUT, in chrome and firefox, when i try to watch a video it keeps sending me to install adobe flash and then tells me it is 'virtual' and still doesn't work.
in opera videos work.
this just started happening last week after i downloaded updates. hmm.
i am using ubuntu 10.04 64 bit.
any ideas?
thanks
betty i

On 10/04/2011 03:41 PM, Stephen wrote:
I prefer chrome fro a combination of how it handles what it does, and
how graceful it is in resource utilization page/process recovery, and
overall compatibility. I liked opera but found it had rendering issues
with sites i use regularly.

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Nadim Hoque<nadimhoque@gmail.com>  wrote:
I prefer chrome because each tab is its own process so if one crashes
than it is just that tab that crashes so the whole browser is not taken
down.

Nadim Hoque
Computer Systems Engineering
The School of Computing, Informatics and Decision Systems Engineering