I don't speak from personal experience, but based on talking to professors at ASU, things only get more political the higher you go. Community college is less political than Universities. Based on those conversations, I agree that Lisa sugar coated it, and may even have some chocolate syrup on it too!

Eric

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 6:54 AM, Alan Dayley <adayley@gmail.com> wrote:
WARNING: Tangential comment ahead!

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 6:34 AM, Kevin Fries <kfries6@gmail.com> wrote:
> I loved my time in the classroom, interacting with the students.  Hated all
> the rest.  The only way I for one would ever consider going back to it would
> be as a retirement, get out of the house once or twice a week kind of
> situation.  For Lisa sugar coated the nightmare of politicking at a modern
> college.
>
> I was offered by a major university (Regius University) to finish my degree
> and come teach for them, and understand its not as bad at that level, but
> choose the corporate world because it was so nasty at the CC.

Ugh.

"nightmare of politicking" "nasty"

Makes me sad.  Another reason our current education system needs to change.

http://www.ted.com/talks/sugata_mitra_the_child_driven_education.html

Alan