On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Eric Shubert <ejs@shubes.net> wrote:
Lyle Tuttle wrote:

> Did you know you could now download books, etc from the library to
> your computer - and have your own Kindle w/o extra money?
>
> Someone on this list mentioned that some time ago....it works!!
>
> lyle

Would someone care to put together a list (links) of relevant titles, perhaps by library, for the web site? Perhaps there could be a Bookmarks section there, with Books being the first subsection. Other links could be useful too.

Yes, my "bookmarks" which are auto updated; are hosted on google.com.

<snigglie, gig>

I have my Linux bookmarks (links) organized as such:
Applications
 Repositories
 Accounting
 Admin
 Audio
 Backup
 Burner
 Desktop
 Database
 Edit
 Embedded
 Engineering
 Fax
 Forensics
 Graphics
 Mail
 Map
 Message
 Network
 Office
   Conference
   Group
   Presentation
   Project
   Spreadsheet
   Suite
   Word Processing
 Photo
 PIM
 Print
 Scan
 Security
 Telephony
 Video
 Web
 Windows
 Utility
Community (groups)
Distributions
Documentation
Hardware
News
Penguins (individuals)
Programming
Reference
Security
Training

That might be a starting point. I'd be happy to work with a few folks putting together the content.

If there was a "Bookmarks" section on the site, it'd be nice if the content was also available for downloading in an html format that'd be suitable for importing into Firefox (and perhaps other FOSS browsers).

Just a thought.

--
-Eric 'shubes'

--
-Eric 'shubes'

Skype: 6022393392
Fax:     6233211450
ATT:     5037544452
Phoenix Linux Security Team

http://www.it-clowns.com

"Great things are not done by impulse but a series of small things brought together." -Van Gogh