I'll tell you this.  There are a lot of unscrupulous vendors out there that sell power supplies that DO NOT have United Labratories testing ratings.  Beware of these.  In my opinion, they are nothing but smoke generators.  Make sure anything you buy has a UL testing seal.

My $0.02.

From: Eric Cope <eric.cope@gmail.com>
To: Main PLUG discussion list <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Sat, June 19, 2010 8:53:46 PM
Subject: Re: power supply

I've heard Antec are the best. I always check Newegg reviews before I buy.
Eric

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Nadim Hoque <nadimhoque@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey

I was wondering what brand name power supply is good. I am looking for
around 550 to 650 and was wondering what brand was good and stable. I
am not worried about price because my computer components are worth
more than save a buck or two. I heard that corsair, antec are good,
but again i want a good reliable psu. Also another note i do have a
corsair psu that has lasted me for 3 years now, but companies also
change over time.

--
Nadim HoqueNadim Hoque
Computer Systems Engineering