I wish I had known about this list last night! I went with Newegg MSI 9400 GT 512MB. it is only about 5 tiers up form my old Radeon X300, but it was $54 (and I believe a $10 mail in rebate) and it has an HDMI port for when I retire this box to the living room and use it to browse the internet on the big screen. But it looks like one of the 9500 GTs would not have cost much more but still would have been 4 more tiers up in the list. Oh well. At least when I have to run windows on it windoze won't suffer quite as much.

Mike

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Bob Elzer" <bob.elzer@gmail.com>
To: "'Main PLUG discussion list'" <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:12:47 -0700
Subject: RE: Cheap Linux compatible video cards
Mike, whichever you decide to get, here is a chart that compares all the Nvidia and ATI cards.

Find a model that you're interested in, and look it up on the chart, it will show the comparable card in the opposite column.

It also shows you how many jumps up your new card would be from the old one.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-graphics-card,2464-8.html