Don't recall the processor or system make/model, but my brother and I used to play a game called Offroad that booted from DOS and was just yellow lines on a black screen. Printer was dot matrix with the tear-off feeder holes on each side of the paper. First modem was a 56k, but that was a couple computers later, when we got a 300MHz Compaq Presario.

I wonder if I can salvage the network cards out of them... should be good enough for a pfsense setup...

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 4:50 PM, kitepilot@kitepilot.com <kitepilot@kitepilot.com> wrote:
>> Back in my day you got monochrome and 40x25 characters and counted
>> yourself lucky!
Did it..
Remember when I (AWE...) saw the firs CGA and flew M$ Flight Simulator IN
COLORS!!!
All 8 of them!   8)

>> At least I'm not old enough to have suffered with punch cards
Did it too...

>> Before that it was fuzzy white on black with a dumb terminal and a 300
>> baud acoustic coupler.
>>
>> Before that it was on a dot matrix printer with a keyboard.  Get it
>> right quick or you waste a lot of paper!
Man, you *ARE* older than dirt!   ;-)
Your baby...
ET