There's a distro based on ubuntu specifically for the eeepc.  http://eeebuntu.org

They're still working on beating the 9.04 bugs out (which they will release as eeebuntu 3.0).  The current eeebuntu 2.0 is pretty solid, however.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 9:41 PM, JD Austin <jd@twingeckos.com> wrote:
I tried ubuntu on the eee 701 and didn't like it as much as Mandrake 2008/2009.
--
JD Austin
Twin Geckos Technology Services LLC

Winston Churchill  - "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 9:30 PM, Sean Roe <sean@azbiz.net> wrote:
what netbook do you have?  I have an Eee PC 900 and there are
supposedly still some issues on it.

Sean

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 9:28 PM, Stephen <cryptworks@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone else try the netbook remix yet?