The board is a few years old you may look at installing the backport modules.... sometimes to remain bleeding edge you have to deprecate for size...

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 8:15 AM, Stephen <cryptworks@gmail.com> wrote:
well Intel is supporting Linux here but only specifc flavors it seems... :-(

http://www.intel.com/Products/Desktop/Motherboards/DG965RY/DG965RY-overview.htm

if you hit the tools and software you can get drivers (audio ect) for
SUSE, Red Hat, Red Flag, Neoshine, and Mandriva. No source tarballs.

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Clayton Stapleton <clay4291@inbox.com> wrote:
> I have Ubuntu 8.04 installed on my computer and been unable to get the sound to function. Sound works fine in Windows XP on this dual boot system. The system uses an Intel Desktop Board DG965RY with Intels High Definition Audio (which is a SigmaTel STA9227 audio system).
> When I do a " sudo dpkg-reconfigure linux-sound-base" there are three options (ALSA, OSS and default). I have tried all three options with no sound from any of them. I have gone to "System", "Preferences" then "Sound"  and clicked all the different test there are with no sound output!!
> Does anyone have suggestions to get the sound to function!!!
>
> Thanks
> Clay Stapleton

Stephen