...or maybe the browser version or OR made a diff?

ooops, I meant:
' '      ...or maybe the browser version or OS made a diff? ' '

TYPO...
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale  AZ

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Mike Schwartz <schwartz@acm.org> wrote:
I just tried (with a Chrome browser, running under
Windows XP Pro -- "with" Service Pack 3)
[Chrome version = 0.2.149.30]
and it worked OK.      ...could it be that maybe something has been fixed recently  on the server end?     ...or maybe the browser version or OR made a diff? I think browsers do self-identify, to allow servers "if appropriate" to  tweak what they do (probably mainly to work around browser bugs!)...     HTH --  Mike Schwartz     Glendale  AZ  schwartz@acm.org

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 9:23 AM, Lisa Kachold <lisakachold@obnosis.com> wrote:
Here's what we get:

WordPress

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at db.linux-mag.com. This could mean your host's database server is down.
  • Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
  • Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
  • Are you sure that the database server is running?
If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

From: lisakachold@obnosis.comSubject: RE: linux-mag dot com
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:21:48 +0000

Yes, I get the "Days of Our Lives" wait also.  The site is broken, probably from an Apache, Akamai or Load Balancer issue.