Actually, everyone should go buy 10 year old civics with blown engines and install electric motors.

that will get you to $0.01-0.02/mile

http://www.electric-cars-are-for-girls.com/which-electric-motor-for-a-civic-conversion.html
http://civicity.blogspot.com/

Eric

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Austin Godber <godber@uberhip.com> wrote:
alexanderhenry@cox.net wrote:
> Now if you can put in a $10k solar panel and wind combo and save $1k a year or more, that might be a worthy investment for a home.

Seems those would have blown away last night though.  Your other points
are very valid ... everyone go buy a 10 year old civic.

Actually, I came across a great couple of articles on a guys experience
with getting solar in california.  Linked here:
http://delicious.com/godber/solar

Austin