If he's trying to intercept Tomcat requests that may get a bit tricky.  It depends on what phase in the 'request cycle' Tomcat is hooked into.

  http://stein.cshl.org/~lstein/talks/perl_conference/apache_api/lifecycle.html

  -jmz

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 7:20 AM, Alex Dean <alex@crackpot.org> wrote:
Bryan : None of the example redirects you posted really require regular expressions.  As far as I can see you want a simple mapping of /dir1/dir2 to /other_dir.  Of course I don't know the details, but it seems like you're making this more complicated than it needs to be.  Why won't a simple Redirect solve your problem?  If it really won't, I'm interested in the reasons.

alex

Joshua Zeidner wrote:

 Im not sure about mod_proxy, but if you are using httpd2 you can write a small mod_perl TransHandler to do the job:
   http://ziya.suzen.net/2007/09/url-rewriting-with-modperl.html

 if you do a lot of web programming, mod_perl is worthwhile learning, you can do a lot of cool things with it.  Basically all the httpd2 internals are exposed to mod_perl.

 -jmz

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 12:37 AM, Bryan O'Neal <BONeal@cornerstonehome.com <mailto:BONeal@cornerstonehome.com>> wrote:

   Using Apache2.  Rewriting mod_proxy was suggested to me, but I am
   not very good with that so I am still thinking, if I have to go that
   deep, I should perhaps just write a servlet filter for my app and
   have it set as part of the config file I use for deployment.

   *From:* plug-discuss-bounces@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
   <mailto:plug-discuss-bounces@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>