There are several that I have heard of. The Linux Router Project is small and can be run from a floppy, flash drive, or external Hard drive.
I have heard of Smoothwall being run from a Flash Drive, and this link may help.

I have personally used the Mandriva Flash v2008 and highly recommend it as a bootable Flash Distribution. It is a complete Desktopdistribution on a 4Gb Flash Drive, but it is not designed to be a firewall although it could be configured to do so using iptables and writing logs to a HD or external location.

Finally, the Yoggie Pico is a complete Hardware Firewall in a Flash Drive type form factor.

Just some suggestions. Good luck.

Hans,

--
Donn
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."