On 5/21/07, Lynn Newton <lynn.newton@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do not add many plugins to FF either in Linux or Windows.  I explicitly DO
> NOT download/add ANY add-ons from links that pop up on web sites.  > Basicly I
> do not trust the average site to be honest or competent to add something to
> my system.

Well, that's way to look at it I suppose.

Personally, as a pretty heavy web user and developer I have 13
Firefox downloads on my Linux version, and don't know how I ever
lived without any of them. Well ... there is one and maybe two
that I could dispense with.

Every one that I use I've found by going to Firefox's extensions
site at addons.mozilla.com and downloading what looks good after
reading any appropriate reviews. I also figure anything that's
marked as particularly popular is being used by a lot of people,
so is likely to work.

Exactly my point Lynn. addons.mozilla.com being one of the trusted sites.  What I was clumsily trying to say is that if I see a link in a news item, blog or whatever for an add-on, I NEVER use that link to get the add-on.  As far as the number of add-ons, I don't think I have ever had more than 5 or 6 but I also don't see 13 as a large number compared to some folks.  On the other hand, I think I have only ever had FF crash once or twice and I also use it heavily.  Sometimes I will have 20-30 tabs open
--
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss