Blizzard relented on those Linux users BTW.  I have also seen articles about running WoW under Crossfire where the folks said it worked reasonably well.  I have no clue whether that means they has no or few issues.  WoW has relatively low graphics requirements compared to some games so I suspect that make it a more likely candidate for Linux using some Windows replacement tech.

On 3/21/07, Kurt Granroth <plug-discuss@granroth.org> wrote:
Miles Beck wrote:
> I also would eventually like to get a second lcd monitor but I have
> heard setting up multi-monitor can be a bear. Is this still the case?

Not with the right distribution.  I setup a dual monitor nvidia system
with openSUSE 10.2 all in SaX and it was as plug-n-play and
point-n-click as you'd want.  Everything was detected automagically and
the default setup was dead-on.  You could even graphically move the
screens around to orient them the way you wanted.  All in all, it was
just as easy as doing it in Windows or OS X.

I then moved to a three monitor setup and that took a bit more thought,
but in the end, it was still perfectly doable in SaX.  I didn't need to
modify the xorg.conf at all.

Now I /did/ modify it myself but that's only because I like to have very
descriptive section names in my xorg.conf files.  That's certainly not
necessary :-)

Kurt

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss