I agree.
Even if you can somehow ignore the parts/labor
to fix it
(let's say maybe you had a lot of spares sitting
 on the shelf, that had never been sold),
with a lot of this electronic stuff,
that inventory on the shelf,
is a depreciating commodity, over time,
since the advances in technology pass it up;
so that, even if it [that inventory on the shelf]
still works OK, as it should,
buyers are looking for something
newer / faster / cheaper / lower power
/ more reliable
/compatible with other new stuf,
... etc.
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale  AZ

On 3/5/07, George Toft <george@georgetoft.com> wrote:
One of my coworkers just returned his HD DLP big screen TV because the
projection lamp exploded (loud pop, smoke).

What retailer in their right mind would give a lifetime guarantee on a
$300+ part that has a 2000 hour life?

George Toft, CISSP, MSIS
623-203-1760