On 1/26/07, Joshua Zeidner <jjzeidner@gmail.com> wrote:
On 1/26/07, Darrin Chandler <dwchandler@stilyagin.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 05:30:02PM -0700, Vaughn Treude wrote:
> > or was that just a rhetorical example?  I'd actually like that.  I often
> > write code while listening to the Sex Pistols, the Clash, or the
> > Ramones.  (OK, so I'm showing my age with that list.)  :-)
>
> I have all those bands on CD, but I could never code to that. Ministry,
> however has just the right beat to match the cadence of my typing...

   best coding music: Tortoise, Cinematic Orchestra, Fourtet, some
Stereolab albums work too.

   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kAqjtRCfsM

   -jmz

I tend to lean more towards electronic music when it comes to coding; Tiesto, Digweed, Sasha, and the obligatory not-really-electronic Stereolab.  If I'm maintaining someone else's code, though, I'll switch to metal and hard rock; Rob Zombie, Sevendust, Rammstein typically help channel frustration over bad code into productive energy.

--
david [.dh] huerta
devrylinux.org