Actually Randy, if you will re-read my original first sentence, it says my router IS blocking those incoming packets.

I was really curious abot thew 10.x.x.x address especially because I thought it was supposed to be private AND because I have seen that address a lot in the log as being blocked.  As far as my ISP checking if I was running a web site, I guess that may make sense and I honestly don't know if my ToS prohibit me doing so.

Thanks folks !!

On 1/5/07, Randy Melder <randymelder@gmail.com> wrote:
never say never...

The 10.x.x.x network is 'reserved' for private use, but alas... our enemies to the east route these address blocks for black hat ops.

Your router ACL should include rules denying traffic inbound from the private networks:
10.0.0.0 /8
172.16.0.0 /12 (I think)
192.168.0.0 /16

It sounds like this rule isn't in force and you'll need to implement per your router setup.

; ) .randy

On 1/5/07, Jon M. Hanson < jon@the-hansons-az.net> wrote:
An IP address starting with 10 Is a private address and is not routeable on the Internet. Someone is likely spoofing their source address if you're not using that as your network.

As far as your ISP probing port 80, it may be against your Terms of Service to run a webserver so they may be checking if you are.