I found something that looks interesting, on the web at
Here is a quote from part of the "comments" thread there:
<< "Re: HOWTO: Broadcom 4318 Wireless Cards

Thanks so much for the help! I was slightly discouraged when my wireless stopped working after I upgraded Breezy to Dapper, but it's working perfectly now. " >>

However, I still am confused, and unable to determine whether the stuff that is offered at this site
(I can download it via another computer, "before" I get my wifi working on my BCM4318).

Any advice appreciated.
For example, can you tell whether the problem they are solving, is
the same one mentioned [see below] on 10/3/06 by Joseph Sinclair ?

Any other advice also appreciated.
"such as", whether this site [see above] is [maybe] what I need.
Thanks in advance,
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale  AZ

On 10/3/06, Joseph Sinclair < plug-discussion@stcaz.net> wrote:
The Broadcom 4318 has a severely reduced transmit power as a means of reducing power consumption.  What this means is that under Linux it's connection to the access point tends to be limited (NDISWrapper works, but it will still have issues, the kernel.org driver can only listen at this time).  The BCM driver team is working on a fix to the kernel.org driver to get the Tx power issue fixed, until then, you'll have to use NDISWrapper, and accept that connectivity won't be too reliable.

==Joseph++