There is Siteuptime.com, but they will want money if you would like your site/connection monitored at such a tight interval. Another option would be to use Webmin on the outside, and configure it to watch this site/connection and report a failure.

Hope that helps,

Daniel Parraz

Darrin Chandler <dwchandler@stilyagin.com> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 03:30:09PM -0700, Shawn Badger wrote:
> I was wondering if anybody knows of website that will allow you to ping
> and do wgets every couple seconds to verify your Internet connectivity?
> I have thought about just polling some of my favorite sites every couple
> seconds, but then I thought, they may not appreciate that kind of
> traffic and may block my request. Does anybody know if say google or /.
> blocks IP's for this reason and if there is a service out there that
> specifically allows for this kind of test?

You could probably hit a high bandwidth site/service like Google and
they wouldn't even notice. But I wonder what you're up to, because it
seems excessive for not having something specific that you need to ping.

Trying to gather availability evidence against Cox or Qwest? ;)

--
Darrin Chandler | Phoenix BSD Users Group
dwchandler@stilyagin.com | http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/