you might want to also, periodically
(like, maybe daily or weekly)
copy the "mailbox"
(messages that have NOT been
  deleted / shredded)
to a physically different drive,
and then do some kind of very thorough
erasure (like, the low-level formatting
type of thing -- maybe even also use some
strong magnets nearby... etc.)
and over-writing of the data on the old
media.
(or - - -maybe even physically shred the
  metal and disk drive media surfaces)
(if you can afford to buy new ones
  every so often)
Just a suggestion, because it sounds like
it is really important for the "ghost images"
of erstwhile e-mail messages, to never
fall in to the wrong hands.
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale  AZ

On 10/5/06, George Toft <george@georgetoft.com> wrote:
Anyone up to the task of changing the source?  This is a for-pay
project, and if you can deliver, I can put it in the proposal.

George Toft, CISSP, MSIS
623-203-1760

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger."