That is correct.  The main Ubuntu projects are:

   Ubuntu( Gnome )
   Kubuntu( KDE )
   Xubuntu( Xfce )
   Edubuntu( for Educational Purposes )

  Ubuntu is a qualitative leap in the way that Linux distros have been organized in the past.  There are lots of laws and organization, and it shows.  Ubuntu is great.  Can't wait for Edgy!

 -jmz

On 9/24/06, Slide <slide.o.mix@gmail.com> wrote:
On 9/24/06, keith smith <klsmith2020@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I kinda lost track of where Linux has gone.  My last install was Debian
> Potato say 3 years ago maybe longer.  Have had some dealings at the command
> line on other's Unix or Linux but have not done much for myself.
>
> So how many Ubutu's are there.  I've heard of Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and just
> plain old Ubuntu?
>
> Thanks,
> Keith

I believe there is also a Edubuntu geared towards the education
sector. You can see all the info you could ever want about .*ubuntu at
http://www.ubuntulinux.org .

slide

.0000. communication.
.0001. development.
.0010. strategy.
.0100. appeal.

JOSHUA M. ZEIDNER
IT Consultant

++power; ++perspective; ++possibilities;
( 602 ) 490 8006
jjzeidner@gmail.com