Where did you get the DVD?  I was not able to find a DVD iso for download, but I only checked 8 of the USA sites.  For that matter what variations are on it?  I was hoping desktop, server, alternate ununtu and kubuntu and maybe even the edu/xbuntu variants (though I would guess not al of them).  That would be very handy for friends and for experimentation.

On 9/23/06, Joseph Sinclair <plug-discussion@stcaz.net> wrote:
Hmmm....  I just ran the install this evening using the latest 6.06.1 ISO and it had an option to do a text-based install, may have been DVD, however, I'll have to check...  Oops, I guess it was a DVD, thought it was a CD.
I just checked the CD, though, and you're right, it only offers the Live install.  The alternate CD does offer the text-mode install.  I guess they combined them for the DVD and I just grabbed the wrong disk earlier.  Points to an advantage for the DVD, it has all of the install methods right there, no fumbling for multiple disks.

==Joseph++

JT Moree wrote:
> Joseph Sinclair wrote:
>>> There's an option in the initial menu on the Ubuntu/Kubuntu CD's to do a text-mode install (or OEM install or Server install), which bypasses the liveCD environment for slower machines, or if you just prefer non-graphic installs.
>
> I dont think they have that for the latest release.  From what the site
> says and my experience, you have to use the DVD or alternate install cd.
>
> --
> JT Morée
> PC Xperience, Inc.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss