On 9/7/06, Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, tickticker wrote:

> i believe that the line:
>
> cd /home/virtual; find [a-z]*/Maildir/.Trash/cur -mtime +30
>
> gives me the list i need (#1 in your list) so that
>
> cd /home/virtual; find [a-z]*/Maildir/.Trash/cur -mtime +30 -exec rm {} \;

The earlier example had /home/[a-z]*/ ... so you could/should have used
/home/virtual/[a-z]*/Maildir/.Trash/cur

> is the final solution
>
> Thanks for all your help!!!  I really have to buy a regex book i suppose, and
> I hear O'Reilly has a good one

By the way, this is shell "globbing" not "regex".

Maybe your system has glob(7) and/or glob(3) manual pages.

Have fun!

a comment:
Just my 0.02

> Thanks for all your help!!!  I really have to
> buy a regex book i suppose, [...]

nothing against (printed, on paper) books,
but there is probably "also" a lot of good info
out there on the web,
about topics such as regular expressions,
"and" about globbing too
In general, sometimes besides looking in your
own man pages (for a given distro),
you can also just include "man page"
or something like that
as part of your query, to a search engine;
((then I guess you would get generic info,
  not necessarily specific to your
distro...))
...just a comment, from:
--