No big deal as there are a number of packages for using *nix utilities under windows.  I was just betting that a lot of folks did not know about a Microsoft issued package to do so.  Clearly, InformationWeek thought there was some reason to have an article about it and I expected it would cause more than a yawn here is all. I certainly did not think most of you would have any interest in it but did expect some fire.  Sorry about that.

On 9/7/06, Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com> wrote:
On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 20:54 -0700, Dazed_75 wrote:
> Just ran across this article about an old technology and how it has
> developed.
>
> http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=192503618
>
> Let the wars begin :)
----
what's the big deal? I've been using SFU (Services For Unix) for years
now.

Red Hat has been bundling cygwin for quite some time and the amount of
packages is extremely robust (including an X-windows server and a ton of
stuff you won't find in Microsoft's SFU)

Craig

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss