Thanks Eric, I will.  Sorry for the other reply coming after yours.  I had started the reply and in the middle went to cleanup and have breakfast before heading out (as I must do now).

On 9/5/06, Eric Shubes <plug@shubes.net> wrote:
Dazed_75 wrote:
> I do not doubt what you say, but it does not seem to answer the actual
> question.  If I use a web browser from any system to look at the Linksys
> Router's web page and navigate to the page where I can click on a button
> to display the routers DHCP Client table, it shows the system names for
> the TiVo Box (which I understand is a linux based bystem) and the names
> for Windows boxes, but does not show the names for my Linux systems.

Oh. The question that comes to mind is, where to these names come from?
Since they're in the DHCP Client (lease) table, they're apparently coming
from the DHCP session. The host names can be assigned by the server, or
requested by the client. Look into dhclient (or whichever dhcpclient your
linux box uses) for a way to specify the client's host name.

--
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss