If you get AdBlock, I recommend the AdBlock Filterset.G Updater ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1136/ ). It automatically updates AdBlock's filterset to block most ads that can be blocked without causing pages to not load (for example, if you block Gmail's ads, the page just won't load).

On 7/26/06, der.hans <PLUGd@lufthans.com> wrote:
Am 26. Jul, 2006 schwätzte Josef Lowder so:

> Now, is there a keyboard shortcut to toggle graphics on/off in Firefox?
>
> I've done the: Edit > Preferences > Web features > unclick Load Images > OK
> to turn images and graphics off ... but it sure would be nice to replace this
> FIVE-clicks to off and then another FIVE-clicks to back on routine with a
> keyboard shortcut.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1851/

That extension answers your question, but maybe the following is actually
what you want to solve your problem.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1672/

I think there was another image extension that made it possible to view
specific images when having images turned off.

There are similar extensions for ads, cookies and scripts.

AdBlock gets a lot of recommendations on the list. I've played with a
couple of cookie control extensions and will start playing with NoScript
to limit java and javascript usage.

ciao,

der.hans
--