If you all you want to do is move a boot sector, or repair one, my favorite tool is Acronis' Disk Director, http://www.acronis.com . However it isn't a freeware tool, and the trail they have won't allow you to push any changes (not to mention it is a windows app). But you only need it if you aren't going to actually install the Fedora Core (which will automatically take care of the booting part).

Sincerely,
Judd Pickell

On 6/20/06, Judd Pickell <pickell@gmail.com> wrote:
I am not sure how you installed the windows partition without room for the bootloader. As I understood it, the boot sector is a dedicated part of the beginning of the drive. Regardless of your partitioning. Also, even if you install Fedora Core on another part of the drive, it will still pick up that as the active boot partition, and not the windows one. Either or, it is a win win situation. (It should be noted that the actual boot implementation is on whatever partition the boot manager can see. Not the first sectors of the drive.)

On 6/20/06, Josh Coffman < josh_coffman@yahoo.com> wrote:
Windows does see the SATA drive and is installed on
it. The problem is the boot loader location. It is
currently on the IDE drive.

Also, I didn't leave room for a boot loader on the
SATA drive. (Again, wasn't thinking.) So I need to
move the windows partition on the SATA drive. How much
room should I give to the boot sector?