This is very on topic IMO since linux is one of a very few OS which can boot via pxe. I run quite a few box w/ ramdisk and PXE using local disks only for logging.

-Scott

Erik Bixby <erik.bixby@gmail.com>
Sent by: plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us

06/30/2005 09:39 AM
Please respond to
plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
cc
Subject
Re: OT: PXE explaination

I'm looking for something more in depth.  Something like a RFC.  Only,
there is no RFC for PXE, and the links I've found to Intel's site
forward to a dead .org site...  I want to know enough about how PXE is
supposed to work to be able to watch a machine boot with Ethereal, and
see where the problem is.
-Erik