This is red hat box I am looking at and what is strage is that is ther are multiple httpd.conf files and some that reference shadow files how can I tell which one is actullay in use, for the current running copy of apache?

This was setup by someone who is longer around so that is why I do not understand some of the layout.

Jim

On 5/16/05, Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
On Mon, 16 May 2005, Jim B wrote:

> If there is an account that was created with htpasswd how can the password
> be reset? Or the accout deleted?
>
> I have been looking on my system for a .htpasswd file but can not locate
> one.

If you can't find it, but you know it exists, look in .htaccess file
for that directory and look at Apache configuration to see what filenames
it uses for the password file. The Apache directive is called
"AuthUserFile".

Jeremy C. Reed

                         BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
                         http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/