--0-1915586198-1069270679=:97722 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii I'm actually new to this list but I would not mind helping out if you just let me know exactly what's needed and the timing of it all. Shawn George Gambill wrote: Steve, First, what kind of help do you need? Second, (showing how out of touch I can be) when are the West Side meetings? George > Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:32:40 -0700 > From: Steve Smith > Subject: GCC unPLUGged > > Wheee; replying to my own mail. > > ... > > I enjoyed having meetings at GCC and I'd really like for them to > > continue. But... I don't think that there's enough demand > or supporters > > to have two meetings at the same time in the same part of town. > > > > The big problem from my perspective is that the active Mesa > PLUG members > > are in the East valley. Coming "way out here" tends to be a > hassle for > > presenters. > > > > If there's interest - as in people willing to help out - > I'd like to > > continue. I think we'd need to pretty much duplicate what > East-siders > > have going: presentation coordinator, swag-gatherer, web-presence > > maintainer(?). I'm willing to schedule space and try to improve the > > conditions (net access, more reliable access to projector etc.) if > > others will help too. > > Not much discussion of this since the weekend, eh? For > reference, I have > the teleconference room booked through December 2004. Now for the > tougher part: getting people to commit to covering the infrastructure > tasks mentioned above. > > > > Who wants a LUG? Let's not all be shy now... > > I will show up (or find a sub), do my best impression of Jim or Hans* > (announcements, introduce the presenter) and, given demand, > facilitate > net access. Who else would like to play? 8-) > > I'm assuming for the moment that the first GC-PLUG-TNG** > meeting would > be January 27 '04. > > Steve > > * Jim and Hans have an open invitation to continue announcing > meetings, > of course :-) > > ** or sumthin > --------------------------------------------------- PLUG-discuss mailing list - PLUG-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change you mail settings: http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss --------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? Protect your identity with Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard --0-1915586198-1069270679=:97722 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii