What about multiple Linux Distros ?  I have RedHat 7.3, SuSE 8.0, and Slackware 7.0 which I would like to have installed on my Dell Optiplex GX150.  I have two drives, one which is partitioned in two. All three partitions currently in DOS and around 10 GB.  Will, for instance, RedHat LILO recognize all three Distros and allow me to choose which one to mount upon startup ?  As it would with, let's say, one Linux Distro and a Windows OS ?

Thanks

Jeff James

On Tuesday 11 June 2002 8:41 am, Nathan England wrote:

> I would install XP in a fat32 partition. Don't use NTFS.
> As far as I know, you can't modify the fat32 partition that XP is on, or it
> will break it's crc consistency and it won't boot.
>
> I don't know if that means the partition table in general or not.
> You might try getting a copy of partition magic 7 and use that.
> If you don't have it, I can loan you a copy of the rescue disks.
>
> nathan
I use XP and SuSE 8.0 Professional and have Win XP using NTFS on half the
drive and SuSE on the other half and as a dual boot system. Works fine!!
--
Richard L. Proctor
Krystal Computer Services