This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C1F07E.E5F72750 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Boot from a floppy or something like the linuxcare rescue disk and use dd to create an image. Obviously you need somewhere to store the image so an extra HDD in the case would be easier that getting CD-R drivers to work from a boot disk (but the linuxcare rescue disk is an amazing little tool so I would see what utilities it offers). You could also send the datastream over a network. - Joel -----Original Message----- From: Benjamin Bostow [mailto:ben@viatornetworks.com] Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 12:21 PM To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us Subject: Backup Image of My drive I am trying to find a way to make an image of my computer and burn it onto a CD, like Norton Ghost. I am running RedHat 6.2 but am moving to 7.2. If anyone could give me a program or a way to do this, I would appreciate it. On one of my systems I don't have X installed so if there is a way without X that would be helpful too. Benjamin ------_=_NextPart_001_01C1F07E.E5F72750 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Boot=20 from a floppy or something like the linuxcare rescue disk and use dd to = create=20 an image. Obviously you need somewhere to store the image so an extra = HDD in the=20 case would be easier that getting CD-R drivers to work from a boot disk = (but the=20 linuxcare rescue disk is an amazing little tool so I would see what = utilities it=20 offers). You could also send the datastream over a = network.

-=20 Joel
-----Original Message-----
From: Benjamin Bostow=20 [mailto:ben@viatornetworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, = 2002 12:21=20 PM
To: = plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject:=20 Backup Image of My drive

I am trying to find a = way to make=20 an image of my computer and burn it onto a CD, like Norton Ghost. I = am running=20 RedHat 6.2 but am moving to 7.2. =20 If anyone could give me a program or a way to do this, I would = appreciate it. On one of my systems I don't have X installed so if = there is a=20 way without X that would be helpful too.

Benjamin=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1F07E.E5F72750--