This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C18042.ACF15AE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" You will never get high quality on your TV. TV's operate at 15.75Khz, the cheapest VGA signal is at least 30Khz. The converters drop information to get a signal that a TV can show. TV's can provide a good quality at 40 - 60 columns of text at best. If you have a HDTV you are in better shape, many of them can directly take a digital 1024x768 signal. > -----Original Message----- > From: Matt Alexander [mailto:m@netpro.to] > Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2001 4:25 PM > To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us > Subject: Re: Need suggestions for wireless keyboard/mouse & TV setup > > > I went to Fry's and picked up the Logitech Cordless Freedom > Pro (keyboard > and mouse, which work perfectly, with no driver dependencies). I also > found several external devices for sending my VGA output to a TV and > picked up one that looked relatively decent. Unfortunately, even at > 640x480 with S-Video, the quality is horrible and text is almost > completely unreadable. So my next question is, has anyone > had good luck > with video cards under Linux that have S-Video output to a > TV? I'll go > ahead and buy an internal card if it will drastically improve > the quality, > but if not then I'll have to give up on the TV idea and just > buy an LCD > screen to set on my coffee table instead. > Thanks for your help. > ~M > > ________________________________________________ > See http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/navigator-mail.shtml if your > mail doesn't post to the list quickly and you use Netscape to > write mail. > > PLUG-discuss mailing list - PLUG-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us > http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss > ------_=_NextPart_001_01C18042.ACF15AE0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable RE: Need suggestions for wireless keyboard/mouse & TV = setup