[Plug-security] Android Security Projects or "How did you get that on there!"

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sat May 11 20:20:09 MST 2013

Pentagon Accepts a Project for Hardened Android Security Toolbox:
http://threatpost.com/pentagon-decision-moves-android-security-forward/?utm_source=Newsletter_05082013&utm_medium=Email+Marketing&utm_campaign=Newsletter&CID=&CID=

Older History (2600):  http://www.digifail.com/text/droidhacking.shtml

*Build Up IceCream Sandwich Android on a PC *
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1831454

Everyone runs an Android Emulator to develop Apps in Windows 7, but now
about running an Android - with a little Apps that *make your Droid look
like a Windows 7 Home Pro system* - but it can't be exploited with targeted
tools [great for HoneyPot uses in public venues] (since it retains the full
protected attack signature for legal protection of evidence and  continues
to run due to user space differences in the Android
OS<http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/security/permissions.html>
]:
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/make-your-android-device-look-like-windows-7/

You can *add any of a variety of tools* (apps not accepted into Google's
Application Corral) from rogue sources:
http://uceka.wordpress.com/2013/04/16/top-hacking-apps-for-androidvia-source-codes/
http://www.androidhackingapps.com/2013/04/13/4-best-android-apps-you-need-for-hacking/
Network Spoofer:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/netspoof/

(Archive from LKachold 2011 PLUG post:
http://lists.phxlinux.org/pipermail/plug-security/2011-September/000203.htm
 )
*Add a Boot Partition into Backtrack for your rooted Android:*
http://www.androidng.com/install-backtrack-5-linux-on-android-phone

Of course, just getting Backtrack on the system is only the start! Fixing
all the tools (approach it like a Angry Birds or Bad Piggies App - should
will equate to hours of fun.

The temptation will just be too great, once built, we know, so we setup a
24/7 Hacking Lab for you to test it all against.
Come on over to the June Hackfest and we will show some of the finer
aspects of the best Wifi hacks (against our own test AP).

*24/7 Hacking Lab *
http://12.159.65.86

Metasploitable - of course this is the well known virtual machine.  We
reset it and restore it, and we are back where we started.

*Caution:  We have both Layer 7 and Layer
10<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Layer_8>forensics watching (logging)
the fun.....
*

Email us if you lock poor metasploitable and we will reset it all back to
black!
--

(503) 754-4452 Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype