[Plug-security] 2600 CTF June 2, 2010

ChasM Marshall chasm750 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 3 22:11:47 MST 2012

Thanks to HeatSync

Hiya,

  The 2600 Capture The Flag meet last Saturday was pretty cool.
By the time I got there, one of the challenges had spawned several de-compiles and
analytic minds were mutually attacking using ncat sessions.

  The defense held all day.  It was, after all, a BSD daemon.
Being a noobie to all this, I wasn't much help.  Kinda reminded me
of getting 7 bit serial protocols confused with 8 bit.
? AT
? OK
? ATI
? NO CARRIER

  My thanks for hosting the meet.
It might be another year before I can schedule another one of these.
Thanks to Lisa for the Ubuntu live disc, and to Josh for his east coast opinions.
Somebody should tell him about Jim Morrison. . . ("The WEST is the best")

  (:-  Chas.M.  :-)