[Plug-security] Gmail Hack Explained

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Mon Oct 3 07:26:43 MST 2011

Thanks Alan, the hack was to an Associated Google Apps BIZCARD.com account.
As you all might know, you can join different accounts to send FROM in
Gmail.  BIZCARD.com (AmericanBusinessCard.com)  is a firm I contracted with
3 years ago and left abruptly due to health issues.    Repeated requests to
remove the email address from their Google Apps fell on deaf ears.

Like many in this ecomony,  BIZCARD had insufficient technical staff for the
workload.

Hacks are (unfortunately) the result of this poor economy.   Even though we
as systems administrators, developers and engineers carry the load for
entire technical internet startup companies, we are often the first to be
overtasked, underpaid, and outsourced.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Alan Dayley <alandd at consultpros.com> wrote:

> Lisa,
>
> Looks like someone is using your ID or you've been cracked or something.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Alan
>
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Lisa Kachold <lisakachold at obnosis.com>
> wrote: