[Plug-security] Hackfest 6-11

S Kreimeyer skreimey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 20:45:15 MST 2011

Hey everyone,

I'll be giving a presentation on attacking WPA password protection. We
will start by creating a usable dictionary file using local and online
resources as well as using john the ripper to generate word
permutations. From there I will discuss methods for intercepting the
handshake on wifi network using both passive and active methods. I'll
give a live demonstration if time permits.

The purpose is to demonstrate what tools are available to an attacker
whom wants illicit access to your network and how to make sure that your
home or business network can avoid being compromised.

Anyone interested in sharing information is welcome. Please get in touch
with me, so that we can coordinate.

The meeting starts at noon at Gangplank Saturday June 11.