[Plug-security] Something to look at.

foodog plug-security@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 00:44:54 -0700

KIS, kernel intrusion system.  An arguably gray hat kernel module was
presented at DEF CON Saturday.  It's for Linux kernel versions 2.2.x -
2.4.x.  It's available for download now from uberhax0r.net/kis/

I mention it for 2 reasons.  1st, I think it has serious potential as
part of an intrusion detection solution; the author expressed interest
in how the security community reacts.  2nd, I think it's a good plan to
learn about it. It's friendly enough that the kiddies will *love* it.
The client can be GUI-driven, and it has brief, usable docs.

The docs barely scratch the capabilities, BTW.  The author, Optyx, is
talented.
Regards,
Steve