AWS S3 PHP SDK no longer viable.

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Mon Jan 8 18:57:12 MST 2024

Hi,

In 2017 I created a backup script using the AWS S3 PHP SDK that would
extract, tar, and upload to S3.  Version 3 of the SDK does not work with
  PHP version 8.x.  There some code on GitHub that will extent the SDK to
PHP version 8.03.... Yikes...

I like using S3 for backups...

A friend used to use PERL with S3, however he is saying it takes too
much maintenance.

The website I am backing up is a WordPress website on a VPS running
Ubuntu with Plesk on top of that.

This page : https://github.com/aws/aws-sdk-php/releases/tag/3.235.7 says
there is support for PHP 8.1 which is in security fix mode and will be
end of life in what looks like about about 8 months.

Any thoughts on this issue.

Thanks!!

Keith