new computer

Rusty Carruth rustycar54 at descomp.com
Sat Feb 24 13:50:16 MST 2024

Which Linux distro?

Personally, 16G RAM is minimal for any 'normal' distribution.

And Dual or Quad core is actually helpful, though not nearly as much as RAM.

Don't put your swap on the SSD.  Put it on a rotator (rotating drive).
You don't want to risk wearing out the flash on the SSD. And use no more
than half the SSD space - a quarter is even better (again, limit wear on
the flash in the SSD).

(What I did was put / on my SSD and /home on a 2TB rotator. on my
laptop, along with 16G of ram - and i wish I had 32G or more ram!)  I
should go make sure swap is on the rotator.  Hmm...