scrcpy install from source

Jim azanorak at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 19:08:55 MST 2024

My computer has Ubuntu 22.04 on it.

I'm trying to install scrcpy from source using the instructions found
below.:

https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2023/03/scrcpy-2-0-install-android-remote-control/

Scrcpy is an app that lets you control an android device such as a phone
from a computer.  Once I start it, the phone's screen appears on the
computer screen and I click on  stuff instead of tapping it.  The latest
version(2.3.1), also captures the sound on the android device and sends
it to the computer's speakers.  The versions in the Ubuntu repository
and the snap store don't do this.   When I try to install, a bunch of
text scrolls by.  At the end, it throws 2 error messages and stops.

Found ninja-1.10.1 at /usr/bin/ninja
[64/64] Linking target app/scrcpy
lto-wrapper: warning: using serial compilation of 2 LTRANS jobs
[scrcpy] Installing (sudo)...
[0/1] Installing files.

ERROR:InstallData file 'meson-private/install.dat' references functions
or classes
that don't exist. This probably means that it was generated with an old
version of m
eson.
FAILED: meson-internal__install
/home/delboy/.local/bin/meson install --no-rebuild
delboy at ladmo:~/scrcpy

Meson wasn't installed prior to me following the instructions at the url
above, so it was installed right before I tried to install scrcpy.  Does
anyone have any idea how I could make this install?  Thanks.