Problem with my kids computers.

Michael bmike1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 07:18:25 MST 2023

yeah... their internet was working last night and as I was talking my son
through the process the computer just shut down. Now when that happens to a
desktop that's an indication that the power supply is going the way of the
dinosaur. how do I replace a laptop power supply? is it a matter of
replacing the power cord?

On Thu, Sep 7, 2023 at 12:46 PM Jim via PLUG-discuss <
plug-discuss at lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:

> They do have one.  It's here https://www.speedtest.net/apps/cli
>

> On 9/6/23 16:41, Michael via PLUG-discuss wrote:
>
> ookla doesn't have a linux version any longer : (
>
> On Wed, Sep 6, 2023 at 10:18 AM greg zegan via PLUG-discuss <
> plug-discuss at lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:
>
>> Okla has a CLI based speed test that you can install on Linux and run
>> anytime.
>>
>> On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 07:02:13 AM MST, Keith Smith via
>> PLUG-discuss <plug-discuss at lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:
>>

>> Have you contacted your ISP?  They should be able to tell you if it is
>> on their end.  If this is not happening regularly I would guess it is a
>> temporary outage.
>>

>> On 2023-09-05 10:46, Michael via PLUG-discuss wrote:
>> > I was at my kids house yesterday and was trying to update Mint xfce
>> > 21.3 . I was having a problem with the internet. It was acting spotty.
>> > I know it was because it wouldn't load web pages sometimes and others
>> > it would. I also got the installer program to update on one of the
>> > computers. I was thinking it was the modem although their video games
>> > were acting fine..... mostly. I know I should have brought their
>> > computers home with me but..... go you think it is the modems fault or
>> > what?
>> >
>> > --