Linux Mint update questions ...

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Fri Oct 27 15:55:42 MST 2023

PLUG Friends ... Need help updating:
(I hate updates and updating!)

I have four (4) IBM/Lenovo Thinkpads with
these versions of Linux Mint installed.

#1 T420 linux Mint version is 18.1 Serena
#2 T430 linux Mint version is 18.1 Serena
#3 T460 Linux Mint version is 20.1 Ulyssa
#4 T530 Linux Mint version is 19.1 Tessa

#1 is my primary computer and it is the
only one on which everything (mostly) works
the way I want it to work ... although it
has several problems because the OS cannot
be updated.

Every week, I back up all of my data to
the other three (3) and each of them have
various deficiencies and need to be updated.

For more than a year, I tried to get #3 to
work in all respects as well as #1, but I
was unable to get four (4) virtual desktops
to work with unique screen backgrounds on
each one.

Now, #3 has developed problems because so many
things that had been working fine, no longer
work after I was coerced to do the latest update.

Among the problems, I got an error message that
said there was some defective program somewhere
on the system, and it said I should use some
program to find which program was defective,
but I cannot find how to do that.

I would be willing to pay someone (hopefully
someone in the East Valley) to help me get this
mess cleaned up and get all of my old Thinkpads
working the way they once did before blank blank
updates screwed up everything.

Joe at Actionline.com ~ 480-325-5055
855 South 77th Place
East Mesa AZ