CHIRP on Kubuntu 22.04

Jim azanorak at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 16:37:55 MST 2023

I'm in need of help with Chirp on Kubuntu 22.04.  CHIRP is a program
that allows for easy programming of a transceiver and for backing up the
configuration of the radio in question.  I've used it before I upgraded
to 22.04 and it worked.  Now it doesn't.  I have the port set to
/dev/ttyUSB0.   I give CHIRP the correct vendor and model information.
Then I click download.  Chirp shows nothing, but the radio says TX and a
progress bar then Clone OK when it's done.  This is what should happen.
However Chirp should also show a progress bar.  However it does
nothing.  Instead it give me a dialog box that says:

Error communicating with the radio

module 'collections' has to attribute 'Callable"

This suggests to me that Chirp is sending data to the radio that tells
it to send its data to Chirp, but it acts like the computer isn't able
to receive it.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.