I read chip maker TSMC is a sweatshop

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Mon Jul 17 08:04:06 MST 2023

About 15 years ago while living in Tucson, I made a posted about H1B and
Gabrielle Giffords to the Tucson Free Unix list (now shutdown). As I
recall she wanted to expand the H1B system.

I was met with hostility and one guy went as far as to ask if I were
afraid of more qualified people.  Yikes!!  Talk about cutting your own
throat.

These systems only make politicians rich and it is at the expense of all
of us.

What good does it do to hire offshore for pennies on the dollar?  Some
or most of that money goes back home and one more American is left under
employed because they end up doing something like level 1 at GoDaddy.
AND that American is less likely to afford what that H1B visa company is
making.  These programs hurt our economy.

I had a guy make a comment on my YouTube channel that he has responded
to numerous job post and does not even get a response.  I assume most of
the problem is the slowing economy (also Gov. created).

I lived through super high inflation in the 70's and 80's.  It effected
me and unbeknown to me it became baggage.

By the way, these types of posts are a product of poor leadership at all
levels of Government.

I've been on this list since 1999 or so.  Everyone on this list has
helped me a lot.  I've had tons of questions along the way and have
received lots of help - thank you all.

I think this list can offer more. As a group we have needed change for
several decades.

Lots of folk are taking about the pending extreme downturn in the
economy, supply chain issues, food shortage, etc. Some say we are headed
for a great depression economy.

While this list started as a technical support group and still is, maybe
it is time to look at helping people become self trained and help them
learn how to help themselves.

I'm 67 and have seen a lot.  I spend 4 years in the USMC, 9 years as a
cop and lost two colleagues in the line of duty, I created myself a job
by becoming a freelance PHP developer. Maybe that is why I am such a big
mouth.  Went toe to toe with John McCain and he called me a jerk.  Made
the news.

I'm at a point where I think I have seen enough to have some idea what
is going on.

I was hoping by this point in my life I would be watching the grass
grow, spend some time working on my old RV, and enjoy owning a classic
muscle car.  In stead I am dealing with double digit inflation for the
second time in my life.

I want to effect change.  I am increasingly becoming aware that is what
my YouTube channel is all about.

It breaks my heart to see what is coming to America for you young men
and women.

Keith